The American Job Center offers several options for employers that are looking to hire or retain employees. For more information on these services please contact Judy Pate at (865) 594-6900 email or Ginger Armstrong at (865) 594-0165 email.
Incumbent Worker Training(IWT)
- Grant funded program to assist employers in upgrading the skills of their current employees in an effort to avert layoffs
- Funding may be used for either process improvement or skills acquisition
On the Job Training(OJT)
- Employer is reimbursed up to 50% of a trainee’s salary while they complete training
- Employer provides the training and pays the trainee as they gain knowledge and skills necessary to fully perform the job
- Free job posting through our virtual recruiter where employers can access thousands of qualified local jobseekers
- Receive daily notifications of applicants
- Screen candidates by experience, education and certifications
- Post jobs and automatically screen potential employees based on your search criteria
For companies that experience circumstances which result in closures or layoffs of any number, the
American Job Center can assist your business in managing a smooth transition, while recognizing the needs of your workers.
Rapid Response services are provided at no cost to your business and can include:
- Facilitating employee meetings to provide information regarding the programs and services that are available to assist individuals with career transition
- Providing current information on local employers that are hiring, training programs in which dislocated workers are eligible, accessing unemployment
- Customized workshops including: coping with job loss, resume writing, interviewing skills
- On-site job fairs
- Employers can conduct recruiting events at our centralized location
- Enclaves and conference rooms that can be used to conduct on-site interviews
- Pretesting and assessment tests on-site in our computer labs
- CRC – Career Readiness Certification testing on-site
- Identifying and recruiting from diverse backgrounds
- ADA accommodations expertise, technical assistance, disability etiquette training
- Accessing and qualifying for tax credits
- OFCCP compliance assistance
- Links to state and federal resources
Labor Market Information
- We can provide local, statewide and national information about wages and benefits for jobs so that you can compete for the best talent.
- We can provide information about workers in the Knoxville area so that you can see if they have the skills and experience your business needs.
- We can provide occupation and industry specific data and profiles as well as local demographic information.